Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My new Maytag W1080467OA dryer starts, runs for about 10…

Customer Question
My new Maytag W1080467OA...

My new Maytag W1080467OA dryer starts, runs for about 10 seconds and then shuts off.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

MGD5500FWO is the model number. It's brand new, was installed last week.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

When you say the dryer shut off, can you better explain?

John, Home Appliance Technician