Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The washer starts additional cycles automatically after it…

Customer Question
The washer starts additional...

The washer starts additional cycles automatically after it has completed a full cycle. The sensing light continues to blink when cycle has finished. Maytag Type 588-20; Model # MVWX500BW0; Serial # C33930081.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Power Wash System, Low Energy. Approximately 6 to 7 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is feasible we can, however, we are trying to find the problem first.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not at this time.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The only thing that can cause the washer to fill after the cycle has finished is the main control board itself inside the control panel. That obviously could cause the sensing light to blink as well. Try to unplug the washer for 5 minutes if you haven't tried that already to see if the board will reset. If you still have issues, the main control board will need to be replaced I'm sorry to say so below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for main control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

The 27.00 dollar charge will not be honored. The application indicated that the 27.00 dollar would be charged at the completion of this transaction. We are not authorizing that charge to be honored at any time.

I'm not sure what you mean. $5 is charged before you can start the question. The $27 is charged once you read the answer.