Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an Amana Electice Stove while using the self clean…

Customer Question
I have an Amana...

I have an Amana Electice Stove while using the self clean oven it caught on fire !! The inside glass cracked. (oven door) do you think the oven will be useable once all the debri is removed?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It was purchased fall 2014 new from aSears outlet STORE

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I dont know what needs to done can an elecrician repair it or layman

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The oven inside looks fine except for the cracked glass also can door be replaced

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Yes often there is a fire in the oven during self clean since they reach about 1000 degrees. Any oil or food catches on fire. Just clean it out and replace the glass and it will be just fine.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!