Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a 20+ year old thermador down draft stove vent,

Customer Question
I have a 20+...

I have a 20+ year old thermador down draft stove vent, installed with a GE gas stove top. the vent won't elevate which needs to happen for the fan to turn on and the exhaust fan to work ideas?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Built house in 1991

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

GE monagram

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just need to get the fan to work so my wife will let me cook bacon

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

OK
do I need to do anything?

Do you hear the motor trying to run?

when it is plugged in and I turn the up switch
The motor is trying to lift the mechanism. but it stalls or is blocked. the actually blower wouldn't turn on until it is fully raised.

The motor could be bad or something may be bound up. They do not make any parts for the Thermador downdraft anymore so you would have to take it out and apart to see if something is binding it up causing the issue. Have you tried to pull it up the rest of the way when it stalls?

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician