Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My kenmore elite 665 has the turbo zone and start lights on,

Customer Question
Hello my kenmore elite...

Hello my kenmore elite 665 has the turbo zone and start lights on, other than that there is nothing

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

665.12783k311, about 4 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

There is water in the bottom

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

OK can you hear the drain pump running?

No. It has been like this for a few days apparently

OK can you remove the bottom panel to the unit by chance and have you flipped the breaker off to the unit for a full minute and powered it back on?

the breaker was off for ten minutes

Ok can you see if the drain pump is running by removing the panel and checking.

there is nothing happening with the unit
hello

OK are the same lights still on? If so you either have a bad door latch or a touchpad issue. Can you pick any thre buttons and press them 1,2,3 1,2,3 1,2,3 within 8 secs do all lights light up?

I have tried this but will try again
it did not work

OK sounds good also if that does nothing can you check the door switch on the unit?

how do i do that
also the inside of the door has an area noticeably warmer than the rest if that makes a difference

You may have a bad control board it could have burned up, anything is possible. CHeck it when you get to the switch and see.

ok i will have to finish tomorrow, thank you

OK no problem!

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!