Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The opener will operate in the down direction while holding…

Customer Question
The opener will operate...

The opener will operate in the down direction while holding the down button, however, when the button is released the door will reverse, except if it goes all the way down it will stay.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

It's a Genie and it's not mine, so I do not know the model #@

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have taken the trip light out of the circuit, break the wire and that does nothing, so yes if I get the right answer I will try it myself.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well, I could not find the pressure switch for adjusting the down force. except to say that there is a screw/spring/nut combination on the end of the drive shaft. I did turn that a couple of turns and it did nothing.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

What is the make and model of the opener?

Hey, let's just forget it, and you keep the five dollars, i never realized the total would be that much. I can buy a new in it for $100 more, so why fool with paying that much to fix this one.

Yes I understand completely. You may need a new control board for that isse, but try to just unplug the opener for a minute and plug it back in..that may take care of everything.