Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a samsung refridgerator. the rotating disc which

Customer Question
I have a samsung...

I have a samsung refridgerator. the rotating disc which turns to set the ice tray dispenser between cubed or crushed is always constantly rotating so I get cubed and crushed at same time. how do I stop it from continually switching between crushed and cubed? tried resetting the ice maker already

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's several years old. RS22HDHPNSR

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Id like to try first

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. just I think when I push cubed or crushed the rotating disc should move once and stop to its position of open or closed for cubed or crushed. it just keeps rotating and won't stop regardless of whether I chose cubed or crushed on outside of fridge

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/19/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That was a common issue on that model you need a new ice dispenser motor assembly to fix it the home position switch is bad in the unit. That is the reason it keeps rotating....CLICK HERE PART

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

I looked at the Sears part u recommended. Its not compatible with my series refrigerator. Pls advise and refund my payment. Thank you!!
Pls call me with any further issues at(###) ###-#### Thank you and Happy Merry Xmas Holidays

That is a direct lookup part for your model, I do not understand why you are saying it is not compatible? You supplied model....RS22HDHPNSR was the model you supplied wrong or not complete?

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!