Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Paint is bubbling up and coming off under lid of top loader…

Customer Question
Paint is bubbling...

Paint is bubbling up and coming off under lid of top loader washer. Also the spin cycle has stopped working. Need help!!!

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag model MVWX655DW0, SERIAL C53146489, PURCHASED 08/20/15 Home Depot, Conway, AR

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No have no knowledge in this field

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is this covered under the 10 year warranty

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately neither issue is covered under the 10 year warranty. Only the motor and the wash basket itself is covered under the 10 year warranty. The paint bubbling is just poor manufacturing and you can try to call Whirlpool at 1.***-***-**** and see if they will help with the repair (they own Maytag), but they only have a 1 year warranty so that would be a case by case basis.

The washer not spinning (assuming it's still washing) means your actuator below the tub isn't shifting the washer into spin mode, so the actuator assembly below the washer would need to be replaced to resolve the issue. Below is a link to the part and a video at the bottom of the link to show you how to replace the part yourself if you wanted to replace the part.

CLICK HERE for part and video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.