Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Kenmore 46-9930 filter stuck inside. WOn't come out. About…

Customer Question
Kenmore 46-9930 filter stuck...

Kenmore 46-9930 filter stuck inside. WOn't come out

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 2-1/2 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I didn't expect it to be "work". Filter is supposed to pop out when the door is raised.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I'm aware of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Grab it with a channel locks and give it a pull often the orings just get stuck in place. Can you do that?

Tried that. Not enough to get a good hold of filter. They just tear it, but it won't budge.