Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Samsung refrigerator is beeping like it’s opened where is…

Customer Question
My Samsung refrigerator is...

My Samsung refrigerator is beeping like it’s opened where is the wire that causes that

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It’s about 5 years old RB195ACBP

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I’m hoping to just disconnect that wire

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I’m not sure which wording it is

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

The unit has magnetic redd switches for the doors, if it thinks one is open due to a bad switch that can happen. First unplug the unit for 2 full minutes and plug it back in and see if that clears the issue. Let me know if it does. Often the computer needs to be reset.

No, is there a wire I can cut, I don’t care if it ever beeps when I open the door
I see there are 2 sets of wires one on each side of the top

Yes those are for the reed switches. You would not want to cut them the lights will not work

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!