Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My oven is 80 degrees cooler than what I set it at. I don't…

Customer Question
My oven is 80...

My oven is 80 degrees cooler than what I set it at

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I don't know how old it is mod.# sf368leps. ser.# rs1613021

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No I just wantto ajust it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

You can calibrate the unit but you can only calibrate up to 30 degrees higher so that is not going to do you any good if it's that far off then you need to replace the temperature sensor on the unit because its not sending the proper resistances to the main control. It's a very easy repair, the sensor is the probe you see protruding out of the back wall of the oven. You should see two screws that mount the probe to the back wall of the oven remove those and pull the probe forward, unplug it from the wiring harness and install the new one. The replacement sensor is listed below:

Range Oven Temperature Sensor

Part #:(###) ###-####- click here for part info at sears

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago

Hi there,
I see you have read the answer a while ago and I have not heard back from you, if there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a moment to rate my assistance and if you need anything later on you can still follow up, thank you.