Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My miele induction top has a dE code on it so it won't

Customer Question
My miele induction cook...

My miele induction cook top has a dE code on it so it won't start. How do I fix that?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Well I don't know the model number offhand and it's about 4 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Im afraid we will need the model number of the hob to help you sort this. As you need to reprogram it to clear the de code but me to tell how its done it depends on the model.

The model number will be on a sticker on the under side of the hob if you can access it under there.

I found it. It's KM 6357

Thanks for that. de means its in demo mode. Now you need to enter the settings menu on the hob and turn it off.

Click here for the manual.

Then go to page 49 and it tells you how to do it from there. Then you can turn demo mode off.

Let me know how it goes.

I still am not sure how to do it. The directions are not clear

Ok how far have you got with the programming?

Have you got it to the P 0 setting?

The lock indicator came on with P5.

Ok so when this is shown we need to select the P 0 setting.

So press the button 0 on the front left setting bar and 0 on the back left setting bar.

Now its in P0 setting

Now you want to touch the number 1 on the right setting bar.

Then touch the on button to save the settings.

Then turn it off and leave it 30 seconds and then turn it back on and this should have sorted it.

Well it didn't go to PO now what

What does it do when you press the buttons on the front and back left settings? so the back left will be 0 and the front left will be 3

It stays in lock mode with P5 showing.

Ok im going to opt out of this now as i dont know why its not going into programming mode. It doesnt sound like a faulty board as it is going to the P5 but i dont know why you cannot alter the settings.

You may need a hands on tech to check this out im afraid.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician