Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Refrig Model CFE29TSDBSS and it seems like it is…

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a GE Refrig Model CFE29TSDBSS and it seems like it is not keeping things cold.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Stuff in the bottom drawer of the fridge is freezing, but the stuff in the main part of the fridge is not getting cold enough.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am guessing the frdge is about 7 - 8 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Depends how involved. and if there is speial equirpment needed?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

First what are the temps in the refrigerator and freezer and second pull the unit out so you can get behind it. Remove the back lower panel to access the compressor area and condenser fan. Check and see if the fan is running and also see if the compressor is vibrating or not, plus see if the compressor is hot ,cold or warm to the touch. please post back to me with what you have found. Also note anything you have changed out part wise or have done and not mentioned in your original post. I am helping other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!