Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just bought a whirlpool free standing ice maker I have a…

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a whirlpool free standing ice maker I have a question about the water filter

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model #is GI15NDXZS2

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I need to find out if the filter is needed to use the machine

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Are you working on my question?
12/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

I have to use text. I am not on the USA roght mow

Yes you have to have a water filter in the unit or it will not work. If you need anything else let me know.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!