Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The door on our Maytag front load washed is locked and will…

Customer Question
The door on our...

The door on our Maytag front load washed is locked and will not open

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Purchase/delivery July 2915

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can I will. The washer has the dirty linen altar clothes for church stuck inside. We need to clean the clothes for 12/24 services

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If has been unplugged. I have tried the door unlock reset button on the washer - no success. The machine just buzzes when I plug it in. My wife turned on the washer without turning on the water and that's when the problem began

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This issue means that the washer didn't fill up with water quick enough and it took more than 6 minutes to fill up with water which can definitely be caused by not having the water turned on. The good news is that it's simple to reset this issue. The unit is in flood mode and you just need to plug the washer back in and give it 30 minutes to finish it's flood mode sequence. The door will remain locked and the drain pump will continue to run until the sequence is finished. Once it's done the door will unlock and you can use the washer like normal. Just be sure the water is turned onto the washer and the tray is fully closed and you should be good to go.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.