Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Freezer working fine. meat draw temperature is 35 degrees.

Customer Question
Freezer working fine. meat...

Freezer working fine. meat draw temperature is 35 degrees. above that the temperature is 60- 65 degrees. what can be done to fix this problem. It is a GE model PFSF6PKX- BLK

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Approx. 5 yrs old GE profile PFSF6PKXBBB

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Sames to me there is an air flow blockage . Just a guess

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This is actually a very common issue with your refrigerator and you're definitely on the right track. If you look at part number 97 in the diagram attached below, this is the part you need to remove so that you can see the silver evaporator and the drain trough below it. Pull all the drawers out and remove this panel. Now if you remove this panel and the drain is not clogged but you find the silver coils completely packed with frost, you actually have a defrost issue and you'll need to thaw all the frost out with a hair dryer and likely replace the defrost temperature sensor clipped onto the top of the silver evaporator coils. If the coils are just lightly frosted from top to bot***** *****ke they are supposed to be, replace the fan above the silver coils because it's not running to circulate the air properly.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.