Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How are you.I have Frigidaire gas dry/washer stack combo for…

Customer Question
Hi, my name is*****...

Hi, my name is***** are you.I have Frigidaire gas dry/washer stack combo for 5 years in my apt, and washer suddenly stopped spinning in the middle of washing cycle. The gas dryer will not turn on also at the moment. The power is all good. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

5 year old. FGX831FS5

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I am handy.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That is it. thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Ok so if your having issues with BOTH the washer and the dryer , have you tested the voltage at the outlet that the unit plugs into ?

I have tested the power outlet

ok so then you have an internal electrical issue.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

I will be able to measure internally

ok so on the washer timer test the On T21 to the white on T19 for 120 volts A/C

And on the dryer timer test the Black wire on terminal B to the gray wire on the door switch with the dryer door closed also looking for 120 volts A/C

How do I get access to both timers? Do I have to take apart something first? I am at work right now, can I have a few places I need to check and the procedures to get to the places? Thanks

Yes you will need to drop the control panel down ( two screws from under the panel loosen that the control panel will drop down / open ) to gain access to the back of the control panel and the rear of the timers and switches

your mean the panel with all the nobs and dials?

Yes the control panel with all the knobs and dials!

I can also send you the units wire diagram if you need it ,just let me know!

The wire diagram will be great so that I can follow the wires. thanks
is it for both dryer and washer?

Yes for both Washer and dryer.

Washer is the top and dryer is the bottom portion .

Thanks a lot. I am good for now.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me. I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.