Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My microwave shows H97 I believe it is working but does not…

Customer Question
My microwave shows H97...

My microwave shows H97 I believe it is working but does not heat

Contractor's Assistant: How long have you had your H97?

The item is a Panasonic Invertor ?/ I have had it 5 yrs +

Contractor's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic product?

I am not tech savvy so I have pushed a few buttons no result

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I had a corn warmer in the item to heat it and it burned

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the microwave still turns on and such but it just won't heat, either your magnetron has failed, or the inverter has failed. You would need to take the microwave apart and unplug the magnetron. Then with a multimeter try to test continuity through the 2 terminals on the magnetron and it should be less than 1 ohms. If so, then replace the inverter board. Otherwise replace the magnetron.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc