Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Fridigaire model FFTR1222QW - a smaller 12 cu ft…

Customer Question
I have a Fridigaire...

I have a Fridigaire model FFTR1222QW - a smaller 12 cu ft type. Was away on a trip for 1 week. Came home and it is not cooling or freezing. The circuit breaker is fine, and the light inside the frig is working. The fan is not running. Also the temp control (a "set" button to repeatedly press to set the temp) does not light up. The dial inside the freezer has not moved but I set it higher and still nothing. I'm handy and interested in DIY, but I'm not familiar with electrical issues and don't have required testing tools. Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

This is less than 2 years old. Again, the model # is FFTR1222QW.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can - otherwise, I will be advising the landlord. I only have basic household tools.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can't think of anything.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 8 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The power control board on the unit has failed and will need to be replaced ,the replacement board is:

Control Board(###) ###-####- click here for part info

it is also available at sears - click here

The board is located inside the control panel housing - click here for image of part diagram showing board location

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.