Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Fridge 2 years old French door model with ice maker. Model #

Customer Question
Fridge 2 years old...

Fridge 2 years old French door model with ice maker. Model # RF31FM. Suddenly does not appear to be working. Lights are on, but walls of fridge are not cold. Water gushed out of ice maker. Freezer is thawing.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Samsung French door model RF31FM. 2 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Message on door says O FF. Is that saying it is off, or something else? If it is a simple fix I will. Not it is needs any expertise or tools I don't have.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It has worked perfectly. This afternoon there was a puddle of water under the ice maker and down on the floor. Now as we check it, it appears to be on, but things in the freezer are thawing and the walls of the fridge aren't even cold.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 7 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried doing a hard reset by unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to do a hard reset?