Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool accurabake model # RBS275PDQ6, It seems…

Customer Question
HI, I have a...

HI, I have a whirlpool accurabake model # RBS275PDQ6

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It seems to be showing the temperature in centigrade and the control buttons seems to be one off?? when I press bake I get broil and broil reads as clean...I can get the oven to bake when I press cook time but the highest temperature is 260c Any ideas? trying to find manual

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I possible ..lol

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I believe that is all I can think of......

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 4 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The temperature is preset at Fahrenheit, but can be changed to Celsius. 260 Celsius is 500 F so that is correct for the highest temperature.

To Change: Press and hold CUSTOM BROIL for 5 seconds. A tone will sound and “C°” will appear on the lower oven display for 3 seconds. Repeat to change back to Fahrenheit.

When in Fahrenheit, “°F” follows the oven temperature. When in Celsius, only “°” follows the oven temperature.

I have provided the full owners manual for that model below:

click here to open/download use and care manual

As far as the buttons being one off, that is going to be a control issue, not something you can change in the settings.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson