Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The freezer part of our Frigidaire freezer seems to be

Customer Question
Hey, so the freezer...

Hey, so the freezer part of our Frigidaire freezer seems to be running warm, even at the coldest setting

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About a year or so old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model FFTR1821qs3 and possibly

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We already tried to check the compressor with a multimeter and when we checked each pairing and the pairings equaled the third pairing, but we weren't sure if it was the right value and we also took apart the freezer and stuff and there wasn't a significant amount of frost or anything like that

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 8 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried doing a hard reset by unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to do a hard reset?

Yup

is the fan located in the freezer running? It should run when the door is shut and stop when the door is open.

As far as we can tell. It doesn’t sound like it’s running constantly but when we open the freezer door we can feel airflow

we​ll air can be flowing but the fan is what we need to inspect if its not running then air is not being pushed through the unit as it should. WE are going to need to remove the freezer panel through the inside of the freezer.

Ok. Once we remove the panel, what should we do next with the fan?

Sorry had an emergency come up. Look to see if the coils are frozen first. Does the fan spin freely? Does anything seem disconnected.

anything yet?

Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 7 months ago

I wanted to touch base with you since I haven't heard from you in a while to see how everything is going?