Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Where is the dryer thermal fuse located on a GE.

Customer Question
Where is the dryer...

Where is the dryer thermal fuse located on a GE

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Ghdp490gf3ww

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Do not thim do or think so. We did a troubleshoot to determine problem.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The thermostats and thermal fuse are located on top of the heater element housing behind the dryer drum. What problem are you having with the dryer?

Was doing a load of laundry and the fuse blew. Both the washer and dryer (gas) are on the same outlet. After resetting the breaker the washer works but the dryer did not. Connected dryer to a different outlet with no success.
Have cleaned out all the vent connections also.
Did google search and seemed like thermal fuse is the culprit. Took off the back panel and can’t discern which is the fuse because none look like the ones in the video.
I’m going to have to take the whole drum out to get to it?
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago

yes you will have to take out the drum to get to it.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago

Dryer Electronic Control Board

Part #:(###) ###-####- click here for part info at sears

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago

sorry ignore that last reply wrong question

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago

here is a image of the parts diagram showing the location of the thermal - click here for image

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 7 months ago

If you need anything else just let me know, thanks.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.