Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our microwave does not heat items any longer but still runs.

Customer Question
Our microwave does not...

Our microwave does not heat items any longer but still runs

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

GE Advantium

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That would mean the magnetron tube inside the unit is burned out. You woul dhave to take it apart to replace that part. They range from 125-200 dollars for the part on average. It is a job to do, but it is fixable if you want to invest in the part and do the job. A company will charge about 350-400 for that job. If you have the complete model number I can link you the part.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

SCB2001CSS 03

CLICK HERE PART and CLICK HERE VIDEO TO HELP video is just for reference as your unit will vary.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!