Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Last night I was filling a pitcher with water from my fridge…

Customer Question
Last night I was...

Last night I was filling a pitcher with water from my fridge and the locked light came on and I couldn't get water or ice out of it. My friends pulled it out from the wall and unplugged it hoping it would reset, but alas it didn't. It is still locked and I can't get water or ice out of it.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Maytag Mod# ***** Ser#(###) ###-####A it's about 10 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's an easy fix

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I won't be able to move the fridge out by myself, if that's what you mean

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

It sounds like your refrigerator went into flood mode because you held the water button down too long. You just need to re-program the control board again. Attached are instructions on how to re-program the board. If it doesn't work, unplug the refrigerator and try again. If it still won't work, your control board has just failed for some reason and would need to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?