Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My refrigerator has water in the bottom. Let me get model…

Customer Question
My refrigerator has water...

My refrigerator has water in the bottom

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Let me get model .it will take a few minutes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

795.73262.yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is it defrosting

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 8 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Every 8-12 hours your refrigerator goes into a defrost cycle to melt the ice off the evaporator coils, then the water goes down the defrost drain tube to the defrost pan under the fridge, if the tube gets stopped up it will cause the water to back up into the fridge and freeze or drain out on the floor. The drain will have to be cleaned out.
The drain is located behind the back freezer panel in the freezer you will need to remove the back panel and you will see a small hole under the evaporator that is where the water is suppose to drain, get a air hose if you have an air compressor or a turkey baster and hot water and blow the drain out until the water drains down the hole properly and it will be fixed, let me know if you have any questions, thanks.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.