Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Ge Refrigerator external water dispenser is not working.

Customer Question
My Ge Refrigerator external...

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

GSS25LSQA SS not sure how old more than 5 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if I can. Might it need in new water filter, Could that be the problem

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. that's it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 5 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Might the water not work if the filter needs to be replaced?

OK first replace or make sure the filter is good, but if it makes ice it should be fine. Often the tube freezes in the door liner. Open the doors and remove the kick grill you will see the dispenser tube out of the door hinge. It goes to a quick disconnect, disconnect it there and then briefly press the dispenser. If water shoots out of that tube the line is frozen in the door. If that is the case set the freezer to +8 and the refrigerator to 40 for 1 day and it should work fine again. If water does not come out of that tube when you press the dispenser the water valve is likely bad.

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Where is the kick grill at the base of the unit
If it's going to cost me extra money to talk, than no thanks.
Where is the kick grill located? Is it behind the ice maker?

Open the doors on the unit it is the kick grill in the front the plastic.

What does it look like please. Is il on bottom of frig near floor???
Frig still makes ice.

Yes check that line then. It is likely frozen in the door liner.

No. This looks too complicated.

Ok if you can not do that then just set the settings up to the warmest for the freezer and see if it clears up in a couple days.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician