Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The soor on my Maytag refrigerator does not close completely…

Customer Question
The soor on my...

The soor on my Maytag refrigerator does not close completely unless it is pushed or closes with a push. It seems to be hitting something but I've checked all around and can find nothing. The door stays closed tight if it is pushed after stopping without making contact with the gasket - this is with the fresh food portion. Could this be a bad gasket or is there something else I should look for first>

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It was bought in 2011 the model is MITXEMMWB04

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, I'm just not sure of the problem.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

When that happens the unit is binding. Pop the front lower kick grill off and there are two larger screws there one on each side that you screw in or out to raise or lower the front wheels. Turn the RIGHT side screw in (CLOCKWISE) multipl turns then tell me if the door closes smooth.