Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My ponosnic microwave model mnc994s starts and runs about 2…

Customer Question
My ponosnic microwave model...

My ponosnic microwave model mnc994s starts and runs about 2 seconds and stops.

Contractor's Assistant: How long have you had your MNC994S?

Don't really exactly but maybe 7 yrs ago

Contractor's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

We unplugged to see if it would reboot. Tried to set time clock. Last night when the problem started there were : on the display screen.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So this is probably the most common issue that Panasonic microwaves get. It can be caused from several things, but it all means the same thing–the magnetron is not drawing the amount of power needed. You could have a faulty magnetron itself, a faulty inverter board, or one of your door switches can just not be activating correctly. You can’t test the magnetron or the inverter board, so the best thing to do is check the door switches. Unplug the unit and remove the control panel. This will give you access to the door switches to the left of the control panel opening. There should be 3 switches which you can remove and make sure they don’t look burnt. Push on the little actuator buttons and see if the switches still click. If so then reinstall the switches and shut the door to make sure the door is activating all the switches when the door shuts. If so, then it’s time to guess which part you want to replace–either the magnetron or the inverter board. The manufacturer will tell you to replace the inverter board first, but it’s really a toss up.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?