Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

What is the normal time of the wash cycle of the whirlpool…

Customer Question
What is the normal...

What is the normal time of the wash cycle of the whirlpool dishwasher?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 8 years D645pwpt2

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No my water bill has tripled and I am trying to find the reason. My wash cycle exceeds 1 and 1/2 hours.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

There is no exact time on the cycle because if the water is too cloudy it'll add time to flush the water and get new water, also the temperature your water comes in from your house to the dishwasher affects the time quite a bit as well. Either way, the normal wash time is typically just under 2 hours on this unit so that is fairly standard. The amount of water a dishwasher uses in general is only about 3-5 gallons a cycle depending on what options and cycle you select so the dishwasher definitely isn't going to cause a water bill to increase substantially unless it floods your house.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?