Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Microwave oven stopped working. Maytag Model No. MMV5207AAS.

Customer Question
Microwave oven stopped working ...

Microwave oven stopped working

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag Model No. MMV5207AAS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe 10 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Interior was hot

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have any signs of life at all? Or is the unit 10% dead?

Seems 100 % DEAD
Electrical source works

The thermal cut out is above the microwave cavity and costs about $25. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE to see cavity thermal cut out

The bigger problem is that you must uninstall the entire microwave and remove the entire outer shell to access this part because it's below all the plastic mounted just above the microwave cavity on the left side toward the back. It's a lot of work to get to this part and replace it.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc