Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Dishwasher wont work. When wired test light indicates no…

Customer Question
Dishwasher wont work. When...

Dishwasher wont work. When wired test light indicates no power to the machine. I have check it to the wire studs and to the bare wires. However, when I disconnect the wire from the machine, my test light indicates 110 power. Why?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Bosch, silencePlus50dba.. If this is a live person I am speaking with, I was chating with you a few minutes ago, got disconnected

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You have what's called a "voltage drop". Think about it like tying to fit a swimming pool full of water through a straw. The same concept applies to a voltage drop. When you connect the power to a load, it drops because you're not getting enough electricity. You'll need to check your power source or your breaker box. If you can't locate where the power is being lost before it gets to the dishwasher, you may need an electrician to come out and track it down.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Ok but the machine was running fine for fine for the past 5 months and the dishwasher before didn't have the issue
response?

Unfortunately things just fail and usually without warning. Something happened to the power supply but until you figure out what, there is no explanation as to why.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 6 months ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?