Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My electrolux glrs267zcb1 refrigerator surges of and on when…

Customer Question
My electrolux glrs267zcb1 refrigerator...

My electrolux glrs267zcb1 refrigerator surges of and on when trying to start. I have cleaned coils but that didnt help.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

New in 2004. i gave you the model #

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Ask and I'll try to answer

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

its running now. took about 30 minutes to start.

OK that's good news, but unfortunately not great news as it's still a sign there is something wrong. That surging on and off is a pretty big problem unfortunately. This means that your compressor is overloading and cutting out. It will turn off for a few minutes and then try again over and over. Pull the refrigerator forward and unplug the refrigerator. Remove the lower back access panel and locate your large black round compressor. There is a small plastic box attached to the side of the compressor with several wires going into it. This is your overload relay. Pull the overload relay off the compressor and shake it. If it rattles, then it needs to be replaced. If it doesn't rattle, then you likely have a bad compressor and you'll need to call a technician in order to replace the compressor. Below is a link to the new overload relay start device if you need it---it's been slightly re-designed so it won't look exactly the same.

CLICK HERE for overload relay start device

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

link does not work! all i get is black screen.

hmm one sec I'll send it again. I apologize about that.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?