Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Viking electric wall oven VESO105-SS. 2000. Oven heats

Customer Question
Viking electric wall oven...

Viking electric wall oven VESO105-SS

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Viking is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2000

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Oven heats normally, but when set temp is reached (verified by separate thermometer), element continues to stay heating, not shutting down to maintain desired temp. So if oven is set to 350, it just keeps heating til 500 plus...

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 4 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That is a stuck thermostat on the unit, you will need to replace the oven operating thermostat to fix that issue. Here is a link to the part you need to fix that issue. CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician