Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We used our newly installed Jennair JIS1450DS range for the…

Customer Question
We used our newly...

We used our newly installed Jennair JIS1450DS range for the first time this evening. The broiler feature worked fine. However, despite hitting cancel top and bottom, the range is still operating. How do we get it turned off. If you can call us at(###) ###-#### it might be best.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

We bought it new in the fall, but it has just been installed. It is a 30" freestanding induction range.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, I just want the oven turned off!

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

OK if it is still heating the bake relay is stuck closed on the control. You will need to shut off the breaker on the unit to stop this and get a board to fix it or a tech out to do the job, do you want to do this job?

John, Home Appliance Technician