Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We just purchased a new ge range. My husband put the power…

Customer Question
We just purchased a...

We just purchased a new ge range. My husband put the power cord on (per instructions) and when I started to plug it in it made a popping sound and blew the breaker. Double checked. It is hooked up correctly. Now afraid to try plugging it in again.....

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

6 hours. Model...D22 M89213 R (?) or where do I find this.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

He just did. Followed directions. It is correstly installed

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'm hungry?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/17/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If it bliew the breaker that would be a short is any wire pinched or shorted to ground. Is this a 240 volt unit or 120?