Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Regarding my Maytag Brovos top-loading HE washer: When I do…

Customer Question
Regarding my Maytag Brovos...

Regarding my Maytag Brovos top-loading HE washer: When I do a load of dark items, some of them end up with white residue. Not every item. I can rinse them by hand in plain water and the residue goes away. It is not from any tissue or other paper. I have cleaned the washer with AFresh recently, and use ALL HE detergent. I am not adding any softener or bleach to these dark loads. Any suggestions? The machine is not old, but I did not purchase it. It came with the home.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Not sure of the age - possibly 3 or 4 years. Model No: MVWX700XW2

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No!!!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That seems to be the only problem with the machine.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. This is a common problem with these HE machines. It will require the top tub cover (number 4 at the link below) be removed so a long brush may be used to clean the area in between the tubs. If you would like instruction on how to do this, please let me know!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!