Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Bravos quiet series washer is leaking water near the

Customer Question
My Bravos quiet series...

My Bravos quiet series washer is leaking water near the underside of the fabric softener vessel, it leaks out under pressure during fill cycles

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag Bravos quiet series 300, approx. 6 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'm hoping to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I took the back off, and can see the water spraying out, but it's too cramped to see exactly where its coming from

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? The model tag is around the opening where the clothes are loaded.

model MVWB700BQ0

Thank you! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

1. Are you pretty sure it is not from the bleach dispenser?
  2. Any issues with the appearance of the left lid hinge?
If I look from the back of the unit up towards the softener vessel, there's water spraying out under pressure during the refill cycle.

So it is not a splashing type leak but a pressurized leak?

it's under pressure. And it's the softener, on the back right looking from the front. Underneath, looks like a small black hose hooks up to it. It's pretty hard to reach though.

If not splashing but spraying out, the valve is most likely faulty, the flow washer has failed. Of course, look for any hose that may be off or split when accessing the valve. The video at the link below shows how it is replaced!

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

The leak is up on top, at bottom of the softener dispenser, I don't think this is the correct solution?

That is where the valve is. Follow that video to access the valve for inspection and let me know what you find.

I'll need to wait until tomorrow morning to do that, will let you know when I find out. Thanks.

You bet, thank you!