Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

When starting to bake at 350, oven light and preheat light…

Customer Question
When starting to bake...

When starting to bake at 350, oven light and preheat light comes on. Time for preheat light to extinguish is about 30 minutes. When oven door is opened, a smell of gas is evident (slight).

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Frigidaire, model FGF366AWA ABOUT 5 YEARS OLD

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

NOTHING TO OFFER UNLESS YOU ASK QUESTION

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

When that happens you need to replace the oven ignitor on the unit. Turn the oven on and then open the door. If the glow ignitor is getting voltage it will glow unless it is broken. If it is not glowing you can test the ignitor for 120 volts to the ingitor with a volt meter. If it has power to it is bad for sure. Now if it is weak, it will glow but it will not pull enough current to open the gas valve. They typically have to draw 3.2-3.6 amps for a square style one or 2.2-2.8 amps for a round style one. If they do not draw enough they will never open the gas valve or take a long long time to open them. The ignitors are pretty easy to change out, just 2 screws and two wires to either plug in or splice together. Here is a video to assist.

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!