Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our maytag washing machine model#MVWX655DW1 won't power on.

Customer Question
Our maytag washing machine...

Our maytag washing machine model#MVWX655DW1 won't power on. The outlet is hot and other devices work when plugged into the outlet. The machine was working fine a couple days ago, but now nothing.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

4 months

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'm not with the machine now

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Still there?

Yes, I'm here.

I was just pulling up your wiring diagram.

Thanks

There are no fuses or cut outs on your washer which means that if it's 100% dead, either the main control board has shorted and needs to be replaced (this is part number W10745339), or your washer is just not getting power from your house. Run an extension cord to another outlet you know is working and make sure it's getting power from your house. If it still won't turn on at all, the main board inside the control panel needs to be replaced I'm sorry to say.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thanks I'll try this when I get home.

No problem and sorry about the bad news. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?