Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE model GDWF100V55BB dishwasher will not start. 3 years…

Customer Question
My GE model GDWF100V55BB...

My GE model GDWF100V55BB dishwasher will not start

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3 years - model GDWF100V55BB

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What is your advice?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

DO the lights light up on the control when you press a cycle?

Just the "Auto" and "Heated Dry" lights

Ok are they flashing and none of the other buttons work correct? If that is the case you can try to shut the power off to the unit at the breaker for a FULL MINUTE. Once back on if that does not clear you will need to replace the touchpad on the unit. It comes as a complete assembly. Here is a link to the part you need to fix it.

CLICK HERE PART

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

The problem is a broken door switch.

So you put a door latch in it and it works?