Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have new side by side refrig that is too cold and there is…

Customer Question
I have new side...

I have new side by side refrig that is too cold and there is no filter blockage

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 2 weeks

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. I have extended warr

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Fridge temp is 23F

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Whirlpool 13 months

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 5 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Please give me the model number of the unit, open the refrigerator door on look on the side wall of the inside of the refrigerator compartment and look for a tag that has the model number and serial number listed, give me that model number please and I can help you further, thanks.

K53824393
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 5 months ago

Sorry that is not a good model number, please check that again ,thanks.

WRF736SDAM13
Did you get it
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 5 months ago

I did thank you for that give me one moment, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 5 months ago

ok lets check the settings, press and hold the temp button for 3 seconds and then tell me what temp the refrigerator setting is set for, thanks.

Put it on 43
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 5 months ago

how long ago did you change it to 43?

2 hrs ago
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 5 months ago

what was it set on previously do you remember?

37
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 5 months ago

well that is all kind of beside the point anyhow, are you sure the refrigerator section got down to 23 degrees F?

I purchased therm since I saw everything freezing
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 5 months ago

ok, the issue is going to be the temperature sensor (thermister) is the refrigerator section, it will have to be replaced is this unit still under warranty?

I called you to see if there is a fix. I went through manual
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 5 months ago

Yes I understand the reason I am asking if the unit is under warranty or not is because you will have to have the temperature sensor replaced and if its under warranty you need to have the repair made under warranty so you should call the store you purchased the unit from and have them set up a service call under warranty. If you want to fix it yourself let me know and I can help you do that as well but if you have a lot of warranty left you may want to consider not doing that because you working on it yourself could void the warranty.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 5 months ago

so if you decide to repair it yourself let me know and I will help you with that, if not just call the store you purchased the refrigerator at and have them set a service call for you.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. Rating the answer does not close the question out it will still be open after you rate. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Ok. I hope I am not being charged for this call. I tried calling warranty section but it was closed
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 5 months ago

I have no access to your account information I am just a technician on the site to help answer your appliance questions. If you have any questions about your account or billing you will need to contact customer support, thanks.

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson