Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Small plastic part was found inside washer drum after we…

Customer Question
Small plastic part was...

Small plastic part was found inside washer drum after we noticed it was wobbling during spinning cycle

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

WFMC 2100UC. I would guess around 8 years old. I bought 2 sets of Bosch Front Load W/D for both of my houses.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can get some direction and parts, but I would be glad to pay for an authorized repair service due to my work schedule and the upcoming holidays

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The part my wife found in the drum is a gray triangular piece with a flat base and a small hole (water jet) at the top of the triangle

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

It does. Apparently the piece broke where it makes a 90 degree turn to seat it to whatever holds its base

Correct, and below is a link tot he part if you need to order a new one. It's mounted to the tub at the top and hidden by the rubber gasket so it's a bit of a pain to replace but if your tub got really unbalanced, it cause it to shake around so much that it broken this part off. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order. You'd have to remove the top panel, control panel, and then entire front panel to access this part to replace it.

CLICK HERE for baffle

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.