Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My old Jenn-Air stove has just started scrolling a code:

Customer Question
My old Jenn-Air stove...

My old Jenn-Air stove has just started scrolling a code: F1-7 and won't let me use the oven.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It's 15 years old, je59750a4w

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Oh hell no

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This is a new message. The keypad mostly burned out about 5 years ago. It was replaced but still none of the numbers but the 2 and 3 have worked since them. Autobake still works, broil still works.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

The error code F1-7 means the keypad Membrane is shown as disconnected

Troubleshooting is Ensure ribbon cable is securely connected, inspect ribbon cable and connector (shorts, breakage, corrosion, etc.). If OK, replace control.

If no one has been inside the unit I would not see the ribbon coming disconnected on it`s own .

And recommend replacing the electronic control board itself .

the electronic control board was replaced about 5 years ago but the problem was not solved by that. No one has been inside the unit except the repairman when he replaced the control board.

And with the age of the unit I find that the control board is no longer available from the manufacture.

by law appliance manufactures ONLY have to supply replacement parts for 7 years.

Which would mean it is time for a new oven ,since the replacement part is no available.

I know this is not what you want to hear.

Keep in mind, I can only give you truthful information as simply telling you only what you wish to hear but what may not necessarily be true would only hurt you. If you are upset at your situation but not by the quality of my answer, please consider rating positively as I am only a messenger. If you simply want more information, feel free to reply and let me know - I am here to help you to your satisfaction. If you have other concerns, reply and let me know. I am here to make sure you are satisfied."?

Is it safe to use the stovetop?
Can the oven be replaced without replacing the entire stove?

yes you can still use the cooktop .

No you can not just replace the oven with out also replacing the cooktop ,it is all one unit.

Okay, th ank you

No problem ,always glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Thank you in advance!

And have a Safe and Happy Holidays!

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.

Thank you in advance!