Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE profile refrigearator after the power in my house went…

Customer Question
My GE profile refrigearator...

My GE profile refrigearator after the power in my house went off for about 5 minutes I can’t turn on or off any of the controls on the left front door. The display shows a 88 on the freezer side and a 88 on the refrigerator side.. I can’t change or reset the controls. The motor appears to be running and I have unplugged the unit several times and nothing changes.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Around 5 years old.. the model number is. pf556kxass

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is as simple as pushing a couple of buttons I am.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

When you unplugged the unit how long did you have it unplugged for?

In order to reboot the electronic control board it has to be unplugged for over 5 minutes to drain the controls memory chip and reboot the control board .

I unplug for 6 minutes and see what happens

ok so you have had it unplugged for 6 minutes OR that is what your going to do?

Your last reply was not clear!

I just unplugged it and will wait 6or 7 minutes to see if that will do it. I’ll advise you in a couple of minutes.

Ok Great Got it Now .

Thank you , will await your reply .

I unplugged it for 10 minutes and it still shows the pair of 88’s

Ok so that tells me that the electronic control board will not reboot and that the power fluctuation has damaged the main (mother board ) control and it will need to be replaced.

This main control board is mounted on the rear exterior of the unit.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Ok, it appears that the motor is running currently. I guess it will wait until a Monday when I can get a services tech out here.. thanks Woody for your help.Don

no problem !

Always glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Thank you in advance and have a Safe and Happy Holidays!

Woody

Wody, it is my understanding that I will will be billed $32.00 (which is fine and well worth it) but how can I cancel this now since I don’t won’t to continue to pay $32.00 a month.

I as an expert never get to see your personal or billing information only your question and replies to me.

you will need to contact the web sites administration office to cancel a subscription if you signed up for one , that is .

I will also flag this for the category moderator to look at also for you!

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .