Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I get the oL code in Maytag Bravos (about 11 years old). I…

Customer Question
I get the oL...

I get the oL code in Maytag Bravos (about 11 years old). I have to cut the load to about 60% of what I used to be able to do. 3 bath towels make it oL now. Is this the end of the machine?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 11 years. Model: MVWB800VU0
Serial: CW3970173

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is not too complicated, I can do it. Given the age of the machine, is it worth the while?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. I am just looking at what to do about this issue.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

The oL flashes when the machine/motor control detects a load size that exceeds the washer’s capacity OR basket cannot disengage.

This may signify: ➔ Load size exceeds washer capacity. Remove excess laundry, then restart cycle.

➔ Mechanical friction on drive mechanism, not allowing the basket to disengage (basket floating necessary to start agitation)

This could mean you have something in between the inner and outer tubs .

Or that the tub bearings are starting to go .

doe the unit make any unusual noise in the spin mode?

No unusual noises during spin.

Do you feel you could remove the inner tub If I sent you a video showing how that is done?

In think so.

ok here is a link to the video ,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUltDBKLU3I

With in the first 1 minute 10 seconds Stave has the inner basket out of the washer.

then if you do not find anything watch the rest of the video that will show you hoe to replace the outer tub bearing assembly.

Let me know what you find after removing the inner basket and we can go from there.

thank you

No problem ,just let me know what if anything you find in between the inner and outer tubs and we can go from there.

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?

I did not get a chance to pull the tub out yet. I was going to do that on Saturday but other seasonal things pulled me away from that. Hopefully, I will get to it in the next couple of days.

ok I will check back with you later in a few days so the question will not close.

John, Home Appliance Technician