Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We recently purchased a whirlpool electric range Model No.

Customer Question
We recently purchased a...

We recently purchased a whirlpool electric range Model No. WFC 310S0EBO. After about three uses of the oven it has ceased to work. The cooktop works but not the oven. We have tried all the trouble shooting suggestions with no luck. What next?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

We bought it new about one year ago for our new house and only recently installed it. It has been in use about three months. Model No WFC 310S0EBO.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing more than we need it for Christmas dinner.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

This model has a thermal fuse in the rear of the oven ,if the thermal fuse get to hot it opens and that kills voltage to the Bake And Broil elements.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

And is the unit less then 1 year old?

The manufacture goes by the purchase date of the unit for warranty purposes.

just reply thru your E-Mail ,there is no need to make a second question !

I do have the meter and can use it
Not ready with tools etc. so email is fine

ok Great! you will need to pull the oven out away from the wall and remove the large rear inspection cover .

The thermal fuse is mounted on the rear exterior of the oven cavity .

And just to make sure , when you select a oven cycle Bake or Broil your able to program that cycle and press Start but the oven just does not heat correct?

Correct

ok so then yes lets test the thermal fuse in the rear .

The thermal fuse is item #35 in this parts break down .

And it should have resistance if it is good and no resistance if it is bad.

Let me know what you find.

http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/3/310/00000041/680/900

Ok. Thanks

And if the fuse does not have any resistance let me know I can provide you with the part information also!

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?

John, Home Appliance Technician