Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our Bravos Maytag 300 series dryer does not have any heat -

Customer Question
Our Bravos Maytag 300...

Our Bravos Maytag 300 series dryer does not have any heat - the tumbler and all other parts works. Model number ios YMEDB400VQ0 What would be causing this and how do we fix it

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

YMEDB400VQ0 about 9 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes we live at the edge of civiization in a small hamlet

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Do you have a meter to perform any testing with?

have a multi meterwhat do you want us to do with it
it is not in the house though

Let's start at the cord terminals on the back of the dryer. Test between the two outer terminals, black and red. Do you read 240 VAC there?

Will take a few minutes to get the meter and test

Take your time, no worries! :)

Thank you

You bet!

how do you get to the sensor
He is going to test right now and I am typing to make things easier

The sensor? We need to measure the voltage at the cord connections in the back of the dryer.

he is testing that sorry I missed typed that

Take the cord cover off and measure between the outside terminals, red & black.

Oh, okay.

it is 240

Okay, great! So, either a thermal cut off has opened or the element is faulty. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

OK

See the diagram at the link below. Number 47 is the thermal cut off. It is mounted on the metal element housing. Number 14 is the heating element.

CLICK HERE

Both of those parts may be tested by measuring between the two terminals on each part. If either does not show continuity, that part is bad. The video at the link below will show you how to get inside the machine to access those parts for testing.

CLICK HERE

Both of those parts are available below!

THERMAL CUT OFF

HEATING ELEMENT

I am going to be logging off soon but will be back in the morning if you have follow up questions!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Have you found the informaiton yet?
r u there

You apparently overlooked my post. I have copied it below.

See the diagram at the link below. Number 47 is the thermal cut off. It is mounted on the metal element housing. Number 14 is the heating element. CLICK HERE Both of those parts may be tested by measuring between the two terminals on each part. If either does not show continuity, that part is bad. The video at the link below will show you how to get inside the machine to access those parts for testing. CLICK HERE Both of those parts are available below! THERMAL CUT OFF HEATING ELEMENT I am going to be logging off soon but will be back in the morning if you have follow up questions! If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much! 15 Dec 2017, 9:34 PM