Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How can I turn off the 3 second lock that I accidently

Customer Question
How can I turn...

How can I turn off the 3 second lock that I accidently pushed. I can't get the washing machine to start because of the lock button.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a Maxima Maytag extra big. It's maybe 5 years old I can't find my manual. Do you need a model number?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The machine doesn't need repair I just need to unlock the machine so it will start.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This is a 4.5 maxima machine. The 3 second lock control button is on the right hand side near the top.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Press and hold that same button to unlock.

thank you for your prompt and accurate response. I feel really stupid. Merry Christmas

That is a very common question we get here, no worries! :~) Merry Christmas!