Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Thermador dishwasher has bottom full of water after washing.

Customer Question
Thermador dishwasher has bottom...

Thermador dishwasher has bottom full of water after washing

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Thermador About 10 years old model dw44zw

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can. Seams like a water pump maybe. I don't have any way to do a diagnostic cycle

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No just has water in the bottom and leaks a little

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/16/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 5 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Check the siphon gap next to your sink faucet, all dishwasher drain lines either go to a siphon gap next to the faucet or the trap/disposal port. The siphon gap is that small dome sitting next to your faucet. You need to remove the cap on it and then there will be a center piece that pops out or is round and unscrews to get in the middle of the siphon gap. Check that and see if you have a partial blockage in the siphon gap. If you do not have a siphon gap follow the drain line to where it connects to under the sink and check the end port for partial blockages both in the drain hose and at the trap or disposal port where it connects to. See link below for siphon gap checking. If you do not find anything let me know!

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving for my service. That will also allow you to come back to me right here anytime for as many FREE followup questions you have!

The model is actually a DW44ZS

Ok is the drain pump running?

I don’t have a siphon gap I’ll check for blockage were it connects to the drain. As far as hearing the pump run. This thing is really quiet and you can’t hear it when it works right.
No blockage it looks totally clear. What's next
You still here.

Where does the drain line go to?

To the sink drain

Ok if you disconnect it does anything drain into a bucket?

No but it’s clear. I haven’t tried to turn on the washer after unhooking it

Try it and see please

I turned it on rinse only and it pumped about half the water out and stopped. It’s definitely not blocked. Maybe the water sensor is not working

Yes it could be a sensor issue or maybe the pump is bad and stopping does it sound like it is buzzing when it stops?

No seams fine when it was pumping. Not hearing anything strange

CAn you start and cancel a cycle and see if you can get it all to drain out?

I read that in the manual not sure what to do there. Start a normal cycle and open it and then cancel it with the two buttons

Yes exactly then the drain pump should run for 2 minutes

Well it just got done with the rinse only cycle and the water is all gone. What do you think now

Try a cycle maybe something dislodged from the pipe from all the moving it around and such. See if it works now. Keep me posted. I may be headed in for the evening, but I will be around tomorrow.

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hey I didn’t authorize you to charge me 28 dollars. I have no further questions. Do not charge my card again.

Can you just supply a rating for me, the site does the charges not me, but I only receive credit through a good rating. It is after midnight here and I do try my best to help people this late at night. If you are going to rate me badly please do not and just let me know thanks

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician